Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Cast of Misfits

So I've decided to let you into my world a little further by telling you the bunch of misfits I work with. So here goes.

Servers:
Jen - a.k.a Miss A.D.H.D. poster child, and in desperate need of a valium to tone down her psychotic ravings and to keep her from hurting herself as she hurls herself about with heavy plates and runs with knives. All in all, she is actually alot of fun to watch, work with and she makes everybody laugh. She's got alot of great stories about her past and parties like a rock star. I love her.

Kristen - Sweet and very likeable this young girl is smart, works very hard and is easy to work with. I guess I like her because she always laughs at my jokes. She also reminds me of a very good friend of mine. 

Stuart - Everyone calls him Stu, this guy is new. He's very short, is in his forties and smokes about a thousand packs a day. His breath is so disgustingly putrid that anyone close enough to catch a whiff would immediately pass out and possibly choke to death from the fumes. He tries to be nice but there is just something very strange about this little man. I guess it's his constant frown he sports and the fact that when he speaks to me he always seems to be talking to my tits. Little pervert this one.

Lenny - A.K.A. mullet-man-burn-out-extraordinaire and sadly our "head server", i.e., we have to pretty much be nice to him or retribution in the form of shitty sections and sidework await. 
In other words, I don't like him.

Gina - I used to like Gina somewhat even though she was kind've strange. Right now however, is a different story. I suppose the new owners taking over have brought out some of my fellow servers true colors. This bitch is an unadulterated ass kisser. She's always got to be nearest to the boss when we get our specials so that she can nod in agreement and overuse the word "wonderful".  Another thing about her is her parents never taught her table etiquette. This nasty bitch eats with her mouth open and has huge choppers that trap chewed food in her enormous mouth. It's pretty disgusting to watch her eat. I will never tell her to check her nasty eating behavior since it's pretty much her problem. 

Mark - This useless twat is Gina's little brother and food runner. Since he is a food runner I will include him in this category since he's related to megachoppers. For some reason he thinks he's god's gift to women. I guess Gina doting all over him and always bailing him out of daily life happenings would make him a spoilt fucker. Perhaps his mother treated him the same. He's basically a slacker with a drinking problem and smokes an excessive amount of pot. I'm just waiting for the moment he pisses me off enough to justify clocking this twat into next week.

David - This one is just one of the girls. He's a serious flamer. He's somewhat pretty but can be a backstabber. I don't trust him and find him shallow and stupid. Then again, he's only 24 so he's got a long way to go. I usually just smile and let him drone on about his gay lifestyle. 

Tony - This one is also one of the girls but sadly he's still in the closet. He thinks the rest of us have no clue he's really gay. I do like Tony even though he has his strange ways about him (he coos like a pigeon whilst working, yeah, weird). He can be very meticulous and anal as a server. However, I do like him because he is genuine, sweet and very considerate. 

Ben - This guy is also new so I still am not sure what to make of him. He was initially hired to be a sommelier. I haven't seen much of him and when I have he's been one of us...a lowly server. He seems nice enough and is helpful. He's a bit nerdy but knows his wine. I like him...so far.

Cecilia - This lady used to work with a friend of mine at the White Orchid. So this one is new meat. I don't know her that well apart from her selling me some Mary Kay. She seems nice enough. However, she also seems to be having a harder time than the rest of us learning the new system. She's very obese and the other servers are beginning to say negative things about her. I feel a bit sorry for her and I try to help her when I can. 

Tammy - This one used to go out with Mark (useless twat). She can be nice enough but can also grate my nerves. She's too happy-go-lucky in a very annoying way. She perpetually sports a stupid grin and has a forehead the size of Brazil. She acts like a know-it-all and is a serious professional server. I also don't trust her, it's just a feeling I get when I am around her. I'm going with my instincts on this one.

Peter - This guy is cool. He's honest and trustworthy. Plus, he hates Lenny just as much as I do!
(slight drinking problem)

Renee - Columbian chick, likes to have fun but complains alot. So far, I like her. 

Dishwasher:
Maria - This mexican lady is very sweet and works harder than the whole lot of us. She speaks very little english so I get to practice my dwindling spanish on her every night.

Chef/Sous Chef/Cooks:
Jose - This mexican born cook was the right hand to the previous head chef. He's now one of the three cooks that assists the current head chef. He's very sweet and considerate and often tells me in spanish what he really thinks of the overpaid assholes he now has got to work with. 

Consuelo - Very cute mexican girl with limited english skills. Works very hard much like Maria and is our salad/dessert preparer.

Derek - A.K.A. shit-for-brains-previous-chef. This asshole with an oversized head was our old chef. He was the bitch that threw our old manager Robin under the bus. He's now just a cook. He actually has to do some work. I love watching him sweat. His only other duty is to tell the staff the specials since the head chef doesn't seem to have any communications skills.

Skip - This cook is new and I don't know his real name. He's oldest of the bunch and seems to be very nice. I'm hoping to make good friends with him so I can get him to sneak me some food.

Chris - This is our new head chef. Apparently, despite his old drug abuse with crack cocaine and drinking like it's going out of style, this old burnout managed to get under the good graces of owners Sheila and Tom. His food is exceptional, I will give him that. However, his communication skills are very poor. From what I heard, Sheila and Tom bailed him out of jail bought him an SUV and helped him get his life back together. They must have really believed in him. I however, don't trust him, there's just something behind his beady little eyes that tells me to watch out for him. 

Managers/Host/Hostesses
Howard - This old guy was supposed to have been demoted to sommelier. He used to be one of our managers when we were 'the grill' but now most of his duties entail being a host and helping the servers with wine. This is the guy I had also referred to in previous postings as dragon breath or DB for short. He has some pretty rotten teeth in his mouth so his breath is disgusting most of the time regardless of how many mints he pops in his mouth. I think he would need something with the power of a grenade explosion of mint in his head for anything to really work. I don't trust him but I play the nice game with him just to be safe.

So that's it for now. As you all know the service industry is a revolving door as far as employment goes so these characters may and will change. 
Bitchy Waitress

No comments: