Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Free Time

So I get this phone call this morning from Lenny (a.k.a. Mr. Mullet man) asking me if I have any free time to come over to the Crab House (our new restaurant) and help set up for Thursdays grand opening. First off, let me begin by letting you all know that this monumental burnout was given the title of "head waiter" simply because he used to work with Sheila and Tom way back when they owned Theo's. Not because he's really that great of a server nor does he even look polished. I've watched him at work very closely to see how he handles his tables. What I found was despite his scraggly hair and disgustingly overgrown third trimester belly I honestly didn't find him nor his service memorable. Aside from a mirror, I am sure he hasn't been able to spot his dick in ages. Anywho, given the fact that I am working at the office during the day it leaves me with little "free time" to go and help at the Crab House. 

If Sheila and Tom didn't get enough staff to help them open up the joint, they can't expect people who have day jobs to drop everything and come help them move around tables. Not to mention they cancelled our food/wine tasting session we were supposed to have wednesday night. They said they're just not ready. I think they might have their heads up their asses. How can they expect the servers to sell the new dishes on the new menu? So needless to say, I won't be giving up my free time when I can use up that extra free time fucking my boyfriend sideways which would be much more fun than moving stupid ass tables.

Whatever, like I've said before every single restaurant has the same old bullshit. I am however, looking forward to how "chef" from our rival bistro "The White Orchid" will react. Once upon a time, I worked at The White Orchid and made loads of money but with a price. I had to deal with working with profoundly egotistical, and pretentious posers who didn't have a clue. I hated every minute I spent working with them. In fact, I would've sold my soul to the devil just to end my miserable employment there. Either way, Chef will be sweating The Crab House. I have a friend at the WO and I will happily give her the 411 on how well we will be doing. The CH easily seats 100 and possibly more with our outside tables. We are so bringing them down.

So the moral of the story is that at the end of the day, after a long hard day at work, all my extra free time I have left, I would much rather spend getting boned by my boyfriend.
BitchyWaitress





No comments: