Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 2

Last Saturday, day after Fridays disastrous opening our night was better. We took in less reservations so as not to be overwhelmed. It was better than the night before but not by much. Not to mention, we still have only two workable computers for 12 servers. Tom still is having delusions of fucking grandeur.

I end up with the last tables of the night in the lounge. One of them happens to be the boss and their friends and family. So my nerves start to get jangled because I have to wait on the boss and still not screw up my other six top. The bosses table orders drinks, appetizers, and dinners. After he eats, he holds a meeting for us lowly servers. I was unable to be there for the whole meeting since I had the last two tables. Apparently, one of the other servers tells me that Tom said: "I put too much blood, sweat, and tears to open up this restaurant to just have stupid fucking servers like yourselves fuck it up for me!,  if you fucking people can't understand the computer by Monday then consider yourself fucking fired!" So this is our new boss who in my opinion is a fucking stinking asshole if I ever met one. He thinks he can talk to his staff like we're a bunch of idiots and get away with it. That's okay, because when it comes down to it and push comes to shove I will wait until it's peak busy time at 7:00 on a saturday night and walk the fuck out.

I'm just going to wait it out for now. I'll stick with my day job and make it work if I have to. Tom also installed cameras throughout the restaurant. So now we have him walking around like a general asswipe telling us he has eyes in the back of his head and he's watching us. I sure do miss the way things were before. We came in at 4, did our tables, sidework and were gone by 9:30 - 10:00, now we are staying until upwards of 11 and 12 'o clock. Tom keeps telling us we are going to make tons of money but I don't think he sees what the servers are having to go through. I hate this place so much and it's making me more miserable by the fucking shift. I have to go now so I can put on a fake smile and work with my new megalomaniacal boss that probably has a microscopic dick.
Bitchy Waitress

No comments: