Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Working on New Year's eve wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I made nice bank and got to leave at a reasonable hour. However, hearing people keep saying "see you next year!" started to irritate me. Do people really think they're being clever? Do they realize other idiots alot like them are saying this also? Utter retards.

Anywho, I do have to mention our chef, this guy I will refer to as Mr. Glorified Cook because that is what he is. I doubt he can actually create something worthy of being called "chef". He was only hired because the previous owner, Mr. I-only-care-about-money and GC were friends. The menu is idiot proof for the back of the house. Meaning, the menu never has any real specials and doesn't change. The specials we rattle off are just the same tired items that don't happen to be on the menu but we serve night after night. GC was clearly under stress since we had well over 200 covers to serve.

I brought in my own dinner because the staff meal is usually crap. So I ask GC if he would please heat it up for me in in the micro and his response is "you'll have to find someone else to put that in the microwave, I'm a little busy", he says to me in a very curt manner. Since there is no way to get someone else to heat up my meal I just eat it cold and let GC stress out chopping his stupid mangoes. I have very little respect for a 37 year old man who up until six months ago was living with his parents! By some miracle he found himself a girlfriend and they're now living together. I will say though that his girlfriend isn't much to look at (then again, neither is GC). She's a single mother in her mid-thirties and desperate. Nuff said, it's match made in heaven. I so look forward to how the new ownership is going to slowly phase this asshole out the door.

Oh and remember my little friend I mentioned before, the favored server that gets all the tables with the mullet? Well Mr. Mullet Man happens to have a batman cup he uses for his coffee. He didn't work new years eve, however, I was reminded of him and his hideous mullet and could immediately taste the bile rising in the back of my throat so naturally I tossed the cup in the trash and incredibly began to feel so much better! Happy New Year!
BitchyWaitress

No comments: